Friday, June 11, 2010

Latest Mineral Makeup for women

Here’s Crissy, one of our regular contributors to The Mineral Makeup Blog, for her review of Aromaleigh Foundations, and further comparing the two formulas, Voile and Glissade :

Mineral Makeup brands have their own line of foundation. Some of these brands have mineral makeup foundations in different forms, such as pressed minerals, loose minerals and liquid minerals. Loose minerals is known as the purest form of mineral makeup, and most mineral makeup foundations fall under that form. However, only a number of brands can proudly say that they have different formulas under loose minerals. Aromaleigh happens to be one of them.

Aromaleigh has two kinds of foundation formulations, namely Voile and Glissade. Voile claims to have similar coverage to brands such as Youngblood, Bare Escentuals, Jane Iredale and GloMinerals, without the added shine that some people are not fond of. Glissade was formulated for people with dry skin and those sensitive to Bismuth Oxychloride found in some brands of foundations.

I was lucky enough to get a sample of Voile and Glissade in the same shade, so I tested each sample on different sides of my face. Voile 3YL on the left side and Glissade 3YL on the right. The moment I applied Voile, I was surprised with the lightness of the product. The finish was light, yet it was matte. I first thought MMU foundations with light coverage always had a glowy finish, which was not the case with Voile. Glissade was a different story. Even if I used a flat top brush with natural hairs, the foundation felt smooth and silky. The minerals were coated with silicone, thus giving you foundation that glides over your skin.


After applying both foundations, I noticed that the left side of my face (where Voile was applied) appeared to be a little lighter than the right side (where Glissade was applied). There was also a difference in coverage. Voile was sheerer than Glissade. When you try to touch your face, Voile feels very light and airy while Glissade was silky and velvety. The real test was when I left the foundation on my face for nine hours. The right side of my face was oilier than my left side. Both formulas adhered to my skin when I thought one or both foundations will slide off my face in a few hours.

I actually liked both foundations. I have combination skin, so there are times my face is drier or oiler than usual. I can use Voile during my “good skin” days and use Glissade is my face is unusually dry. I recommend using Voile if you like the light coverage without the added shine of other MMU brands and Glissade if you have drier skin.

Take note, I have mentioned that the same shade in each formulation is not the same. But there’s no need to worry. Aromaleigh comes in dozens of shades to suit every skintone and undertone. Do have fun when trying out the different formulas and shades of foundation that Aromaleigh has to offer. Their samples are generous too, it contains ½ teaspoon of minerals in a labeled Ziploc bag.


by themineralmakeup.com
photo by easymakeupguide.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Bird Gadget